This event has no upcoming dates
Wave the flag for the home county
Join us as we celebrate everything we love about the local area.
The best way to commemorate that illustrious day in 1295 when the County of Lancashire sent its first representatives to Parliament by King Edward I of England to attend what later became known as "The Model Parliament".
Every adult wearing a red rose (conveniently sold at the Bury Bolton Street Gift Shop) will be able to take advantage of a two for one discount on Full Line Return tickets.
The event will also include:
- Royal Preston Morris Men (Sat 19th)
- New for 2016! Wrigley Head Morris Men (Sat 19th)
- Horwich Prize Medal Morris Men (Sun 20th)
- Britannia Coconutters (Sun 20th)
- Oakhoof Clog Dancers (Sun 20th)
- Lancashire songs and poetry from Sid Calderbank and Mark Dowding (Sun 20th)
John Crook Town Crier of Westhoughton will be reading out the Lancashire Day proclamation on both days.
Lancashire Hot Pot, red cabbage and crusty bread will also be available from the Trackside Bar throughout the weekend.
Standard railway travel fares apply, see Timetables and Fares page for more details.
This event is brought to you with the support of the Friends of Real Lancashire.