This event has no upcoming dates
Switch on the Transition...
Bury Light Night evolves into a whole new exciting festival, people for all ages are invited to enjoy live music, sound sculptures, storytelling, flash fiction, workshops and more in Bury Town Centre. The event will be focused in three main areas in Bury’s Culture Quarter – Kay Gardens, Gallipoli Garden and the Castle Armoury.
Highlights of the festival include:
Friday 18 November
- Sacred Sounds Women’s Choir: performing live in sync with a beautifully choreographed large format projection on the side of the Castle Armoury. Live music performances will follow.
Saturday 19 November
- It’s 1845 and The Dragon of Unsworth has returned – join Professor Jigget at Kay Gardens and experience live music, flash fiction performances and live art workshops.
- Head to the Castle Armoury at 6pm where the Dragon of Unsworth will be revealed through large format light projections, accompanied by the finale of the story.
- Finally make the trip to Gallipoli Garden and delight in the magic of Jez Mansfield and a bedtime story by Dominic Berry at 7pm.
- Visit Bury Transport Museum to explore the fascinating exhibits and see traction engines in steam, display closes 8pm.
On Both Days
- Experience a specially commissioned Sound Garden by Wild Rumpus, producers of the award-winning Just So Festival, in the Church Gardens on Silver Street.