This event has no upcoming dates
Wave the flag for the home county
Celebrate the day Lancashire sent its first representatives to parliament, join us for a feast of folksy Lancastrian favourites including the Lancashire Day proclamation which will be read out by a traditional town crier!
For every two adult passengers who wear a red rose, one passenger travels free on an adult full line ticket ( cannot be used with any other offer or promotion)
Once again we have a packed programme of events over the two days as a prelude to the official Lancashire day on 27th November at 9.00pm.
- John Crook Town crier of Westhoughton will read the Lancashire day proclamation at midday on platform 3
- Performing after the proclamation on Platform 3 at Bolton street will be:
- Wrigley Head Morris men
- Royal Preston Morris men
- At 12 noon on platform 3 The Deputy Lieutenant Mrs Sharman Rona Birtles JP will read the Lancashire day proclamation supported by John Crook town crier.
- Performing after the proclamation will be:
- Okenhoof folk dancers
- Horwich prize medal morris men
- Brittania Coconutters (performing at Rawtenstall in the morning prior to Bolton street)
- Sid Calderbank and Mark Dowling will also be traveling on the service trains singing and reciting Lancashire songs and dialect.
- Southport Swords New for 2017!
Businesses who produce home made crafts and Lancashire home made food products are very welcome, £25 per day standard table (covered on the footbridge at Bolton street station). Please contact Stephen Holt email@example.com or 07958 614558.
During the event the buffet on platform 3 will be serving Hot pots, Hot and cold beverages and snacks.
If you require a red rose then please visit our retail shop at Bury.
Many thanks to the Friends of Real Lancashire for supporting the event.
All performers are subject to change or cancellation.