This event has no upcoming dates
Get Groovy baby!
Returning for another year, and this time at twice the size, the Rossendale 60s Festival is the hippest happening in the Irwell Valley. There is something for everyone at this fantastic event, so dig out your best double breasted suit and your scooter, it’s time to swing back in time.
- A live radio show by Radio Lancashire’s John Gilmore, who will be broadcasting from the Whitaker Museum on Friday 8th September. Guests from the many venues and events involved in the Festival will be making guest appearances so stay tuned!
- A special Festival launch taking place on the evening of Friday 8th August at the Whitaker Museum. The event will include live music which will continue over the whole weekend.
- Bacup Cricket Club will be holding its second “Scoot Rossendale”, kicking off with a ride in from Rawtenstall to Bacup. The event will include live music from band “The Inciders” as well as a set from DJ 2 Tone Tony Kennedy and scooter competitions with trophies for the winners.
- Artisan in Rawtenstall will be hosting musical sets throughout the weekend, including live bands and guest DJs.
- The Crown Inn Bacup will be staging live music sets throughout the weekend.
- The Boo Theatre in Waterfoot will be hosting the popular “Baby Boogie”.
- Crawshawbooth Village Centre will be hosting a themed meal based on the Beatles song “With a little help from my friends”.
- St Mary’s Chambers in Rawtenstall will be staging a Northern Soul experience.
- An Anything Goes Clog Market will be held at the Whitaker.
- JA Taylors will be holding a Classic Mini exhibition.
- The Hare and Hounds and Rose n Bowl will be staging 60s themed events, from karaoke competitions to live music.
- The New Kirk Village Fair will be tapping into life in Newchurch in the 60’s era.
- The Horse and Bamboo Theatre will be presenting a performance from Grace Petrie.
- And of course the East Lancashire Railway will be theming Rawtenstall Station around the 60s, there will also be live music on the trains.
Find out more about this event here!