Dates for this event
- 6th October 2018,
- 7th October 2018
Enjoy a Day Out With Thomas!
Calling all little engineers! Join Thomas, the number one blue engine, at the East Lancashire Railway for a train ride unlike any other.
Your one time entry fee gets you access to all of the weekend's events and activities. There are lots of things to see and do:
- Rides behind Thomas - Thomas really moves! The Little Blue Engine will be steaming along his own private section of track and hauling passengers at regular intervals throughout the weekend. He sets off every 20 minutes or so, so don't worry about missing out! Trips on Thomas are included in your event ticket, take as many as you want!
- Meeting the Fat Controller and friends - The number one engine will be joined by The Fat Controller himself, as well as Daisy.
- Performances by Rusty and Dusty, Sodor’s cheeky station sweepers - These two cheeky members of station staff will be meeting, greeting, singing and dancing throughout the weekend, so head over to say hello!
- Unlimited Travel on steam and diesel trains - Explore the entire 12 mile line without paying a penny more, your event ticket lets you ride any of the trains, all day!
- Thomas themed activities in the Imagination Station including tabletop games, colouring and Thomas films - No need to pay to enter, your event ticket gets you full access! Pick up a temporary tattoo, create a masterpiece and more!
- Re-enactments of classic Thomas stories - See those mischievous trucks causing trouble up at Ramsbottom Station.
- Magic Shows - As if your day out wasn't magical enough already, enjoy a fantastic magic show, no additional payment necessary!
- Circus Workshops - Brush up on your circus skills as you learn the basics of juggling, plate spinning and more!
- Face Painting - It's not a proper day out until you get your face painted, all covered by your event ticket.
The Fat Controller’s opening ceremony will take place at 9:45am each day. Activities will finish at 4pm.
Ticket information, prices and getting here
|Family (2 adults and 2 children)
|Family (2 adults and 3 children)
The Day Out with Thomas event takes place across the length of the railway and tickets can be purchased from Bury, Heywood, Ramsbottom and Rawtenstall station in advance or on the day. Visitors that already have their tickets can start their day out from any of the above stations. For information on how to find us and car parking visit our Getting Here page.
Bury's Metrolink Tram Station is located just a few minutes' walk away from our Bury Bolton Street Station is an ideal way to get to the event from areas across Greater Manchester. With fantastic off-peak travel rates and Park and Ride facilities available throughout the city, travelling by tram is a great value, stress free way to get to the East Lancashire Railway. Find out more by visiting www.metrolink.co.uk.
The East Lancashire Railway welcomes people of all abilities and we strive to make sure we are easily accessible to everyone. Therefore, we encourage you to get in touch if you have any questions or requirements, and we will do our best to help you plan your visit. You can contact us on 0333 320 2830 and press option two twice, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our stations offer step-free access, and on most services we carry a ramp to allow step-free access to our trains. Disabled toilet facilities are available on most operating days at Bury, Ramsbottom, Rawtenstall and Heywood Stations as well as Bury Transport Museum. If you have any questions or further requirements, please get in touch.