This event has no upcoming dates
Take to the regulator!
Drive and fire Pacific A4 No. 60009 "Union of South Africa" here at the East Lancashire Railway! This is the ultimate experience for any railway enthusiast and your opportunity to step onto the footplate of this iconic locomotive.
This exciting opportunity will include driving and firing for 16 miles, a half-day guided tour behind the scenes and a hearty hot lunch (with option to include guests*).
Drive a Steam Train experiences start at Bury Bolton Street Station at 8:30am and incorporate the following:
- Safety briefing with the crew
- Driving and firing for 16 miles, guarding and travel for 16 miles
- Hot lunch for the participant with the option to include guests*
- Half-day guided tour behind the scenes of the East Lancashire Railway
- Photo opportunities
- Commemorative certificate and complimentary ELRPS membership until December 2020
All experiences will finish at Bury Bolton Street Station at approximately 5:00pm.
"Union of South Africa", sister loco to 4468 Mallard, will be available for this once in a lifetime opportunity on Tuesday 22 October 2019 and priced at £699.00 per person.
*Extra charge of £10.00 for lunch, £5.00 for tour per guest and only maximum of 2 guests permitted per participant.