Dates for this event
- 30th November 2019,
- 1st December 2019,
- 7th December 2019,
- 8th December 2019,
- 14th December 2019,
- 15th December 2019,
- 19th December 2019,
- 20th December 2019,
- 21st December 2019,
- 22nd December 2019,
- 23rd December 2019,
- 24th December 2019
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Start your celebrations in style with a steam train ride with Santa and his team of happy helpers, a Christmas tradition for many in the North West.
- Take a steam train ride to Rawtenstall and back through the Irwell Valley
- Immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere provided by a traditional brass band and carol singing
- Admire the beautifully decorated Bury Bolton Street Station with its hundreds of Christmas trees
- Say hello to costumed characters on your journey
- Be mesmerized by our on-board magician
- Meet Santa and his elves as they travel through the train giving a gift to each child
- Receive a biscuit and juice drink for children and a mince pie and festive tipple for grown-ups
- Hunt for hidden clues in Bury Transport Museum with the Great Christmas Treasure Hunt
Dates, times and tickets
The East Lancashire Railway will be running a special event fare and timetable. More information will be made available nearer the event.
Santa Special tickets will be going on sale 28 June 2019 so watch this space.
Important Information and Getting Here
The event begins at 9am and runs until 4pm. The booking office, gift shop and buffet are open from approximately 10am – 4pm. Special Christmas opening hours will be in effect for the Trackside Bar so please check the website nearer the time for more details.
We recommend beginning your journey at Bury Bolton Street Station. For information on how to get there, as well as a helpful guide to local transportation links and parking spaces, please visit our Getting Here page.