This event has no upcoming dates
Make your dream as reality
Become a fully-fledged railway man or woman for the day and be the envy of your friends as you step behind the buttons and dials of a magnificent heritage diesel engine and power along the line!
£340.00 per person
Drive a Diesel Train experiences start at Bury Bolton Street Station at 8:30am and incorporate the following:
- Safety briefing with the crew
- Driving and second manning for 16 miles, guarding and travel for 16 miles
- Hot lunch for the participant with the option to include guests*
- Half-day guided tour behind the scenes of the East Lancashire Railway
- Photo opportunities
- Commemorative certificate and complimentary ELRPS membership for 2019**
All experiences will finish at Bury Bolton Street Station at approximately 5:00pm.
||Class 50 015***
|| Full Day
||Heywood - Ramsbottom
* Two guests allowed per participant. Extra charge of £9.50 per lunch and £5.00 per person for a guided tour.
** The cut off point for complimentary East Lancashire Railway memberships is October 2019. Memberships registered after this point will expire December 2020. Memberships are registered from the date of participation, not the date of booking.
***While every effort is made to use the published locomotive, the company reserves the right to substitute the engine without prior notice.
Important Information and Getting Here
Each experiences begins at 8:30am on Platform 2 of Bolton Street Station. The booking office is open from 10am – 4pm and a hot lunch will be provided on the day. The Trackside will be open 12pm – 11pm (Monday – Thursday), 12pm – 12am (Friday) and 10:30am – 12pm (Saturday) if participants would like to visit after their experience (participants are not permitted to drink alcohol during the experience).
For information on how to find Bury Bolton Street Station, as well as a helpful guide to local transportation links and parking spaces, please visit our Getting Here page.