Dates for this event
- 10th July 2020,
- 17th July 2020,
- 10th August 2020,
- 24th August 2020,
- 14th September 2020,
- 25th September 2020,
- 28th September 2020,
- 5th October 2020,
- 16th October 2020,
- 26th October 2020,
- 6th November 2020,
- 20th November 2020
MAKE YOUR DREAM A REALITY
Become part of the crew! This full day experience will see childhood dreams realised as participants get behind the controls of the engine with time to drive, fire and guard a heritage steam train!
£449.00 per person
Drive a Steam Train experiences start at Bury Bolton Street Station at 8:30am and incorporate the following:
- Safety briefing with the crew
- Driving and firing for 16 miles, guarding and travel for 16 miles
- Hot lunch for the participant with the option to include guests*
- Half-day guided tour behind the scenes of the East Lancashire Railway
- Photo opportunities
- Commemorative certificate and complimentary ELRPS membership for 2020**
All experiences will finish at Bury Bolton Street Station at approximately 5:00pm.
* Two guests allowed per participant. Extra charge of £10.00 per lunch and £5.00 per person for a guided tour.
** The cut off point for complimentary East Lancashire Railway memberships is October 2020. Memberships registered after this point will expire December 2021.Memberships are registered from the date of participation, not the date of booking.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND GETTING HERE
Each experiences begins at 8:30am on Platform 2 of Bolton Street Station. The booking office is open from 10am – 4pm and a hot lunch will be provided on the day. The Trackside will be open 12pm - 11am (Mondays) and 12pm – 12am (Fridays) if participants would like to visit after their experience (participants are not permitted to drink alcohol during the experience).For information on how to find Bury Bolton Street Station, as well as a helpful guide to local transportation links and parking spaces, please visit our Getting Here page.