Dates for this event
- 15th August 2020,
- 16th August 2020,
- 22nd August 2020,
- 23rd August 2020,
- 29th August 2020,
- 30th August 2020,
- 31st August 2020
The East Lancashire Railway is back!
Important note following new guidelines
The time is finally here! The East Lancashire Railway is thrilled to be able to announce that we will begin running limited services every Saturday and Sunday throughout August. We will be following Government guidelines to ensure the safety of visitors, volunteers and staff.
We wouldn’t have made it this far without the compassion and support of our community, and we couldn’t be more grateful. Now we ask that you help keep us on track by supporting our re-opening and picking up one of our travel tickets!
Find the amended timetable here.
See our available tickets below. Please note that printed tickets will state 09:00 as the time of travel, however they are valid for all trains. We are not accepting Activity Superstore Vouchers at this time.
Advanced Travel Ticket
These tickets allow you to take a full round trip of the line. Start at any station and break up your journey on the way.
Caravan and Motor Club Home Members Tickets
These tickets are two for one and are only available to card carrying members of the Caravan and Motor Club. To get the 2-4-1 offer just select two tickets and one of the ticket prices will be automatically deducted from your basket.
Resident’s Permit Tickets
These discounted tickets are available for Resident’s Permit Pass holders. Find out more about the Resident’s Permit here.
Heritage Railway Association Tickets
These tickets are available for members of the HRA who possess a HRA pass.
These tickets are available for rail industry workers with a valid pass.
A Welcome from the team!
Want to know more about our re-opening? Download our FAQ’s here.
Download a summary of the ELR’s Covid Policy & Control Methods for Standard Services here.
East Lancashire Railway additional measures
Greater Manchester and East Lancashire have additional measures in place to control COVID 19. These do not affect visits to the visitor attractions such as the ELR. However the ELR have put in place additional measures as a precaution to allow us to re-open slowly and safely. These are as follows:
- All visitors must pre-book tickets in advance of travel.
- There will also be an enhanced track and trace system.
- All visitors and staff will be required to have their temperature taken upon arrival at the station. Individuals that exhibit a high temperature will not be permitted to enter the attraction.
- Family groups are requested not to mingle with other people outside your care bubble. This is for everyone’s safety and protection.
- Seating will be restricted to maximise social distancing. This will be allocated by the carriage steward.
- Face masks will be compulsory for all visitors.
- Additional cleaning measures and sanitisation facilities will be available.
- One way systems for entry and exit from stations will be in place.
- Social distancing must be maintained.
We DO NOT want to head into a full lockdown so PLEASE play your part in helping everyone stay as safe as possible.
- Wear a face covering/mask whilst moving around the railway and on the train (excluding those whom are exempt as per government guidelines)
- Wash your hands often and use hand wash/sanitiser stations provided
- Avoid touching your face
- Observe social distancing
- Arrive with ample time prior to the train's departure time
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 we would ask you and members of your party of family group to not attent the railway.