This event has no upcoming dates
Meet some magical beasties
We could all use a little magic in our lives at the moment, and the East Lancashire Railway’s resident enchanters are back to provide just that. Add some sorcery to your steam train ride and enjoy a meet and greet session with some fantastical creatures and their wizardly friends. Give a hoot with an owl, take a photo with a phoenix and do a socially distant dance with a dragon!
Please be aware that this is a meet and greet session only and not an event.
The visit is free for advance travel ticket holders.
- A return train journey on the East Lancashire Railway with the opportunity to break your trip at any of our stations.
- A socially distanced meet and greet and photos with a team of wacky witches and wizards and their magical menagerie, including an Owl, a Phoenix and a Dragon.*
- A chance to explore the wide open spaces of our more rural stations, perhaps taking in a fresh country walk.
Why not dress to impress? Show off by donning your best wizarding attire, it’s time to dust off that pointed hat and robe!
*In order to keep you, the magical creatures and the witches and wizards safe, please ensure that a distance of 2m is kept between your household, the creatures, their handlers and other witches and wizards at all times.
Tickets and Timetable
Wizards Meet and Greet Tickets can be selected as an add-on you your ordinary ticket at no additional cost.
Please be aware that due to the additional measures that the ELR has put into place to create a safe and socially distanced environment, your meet and greet opportunity will only be available at the time selected on your ticket. There will be no opportunity to join an additional session other than the one you have selected at point of booking. The ELR reserves the right to refer to this if necessary.
There are three meet and greet sessions available:
||IDEAL TRAIN DEPARTURE (following meet & greet)
|09:00AM - 10:00AM
|11:30AM - 12:30PM
|2:00PM - 3:00PM
Find the train timetable here.
If you already have a ticket for the 22 August and would like to add the Prehistoric Pals Meet and Greet Session, please contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Greater Manchester and East Lancashire have additional measures in place to control COVID 19. These do not affect visits to the visitor attractions such as the ELR. However the ELR have put in place additional measures as a precaution to allow us to re-open slowly and safely. These are as follows:
- All visitors must pre-book tickets in advance of travel.
- There will also be an enhanced track and trace system.
- All visitors and staff will be required to have their temperature taken upon arrival at the station. Individuals that exhibit a high temperature will not be permitted to enter the attraction.
- Family groups are requested not to mingle with other people outside your care bubble. This is for everyone’s safety and protection.
- Seating will be restricted to maximise social distancing. This will be allocated by the carriage steward.
- Face masks will be compulsory for all visitors over 11. This is a UK Government directive covering all modes of public transport in England. Heritage railways are considered are form of public transport in this instance.
- Additional cleaning measures and sanitisation facilities will be available.
- One way systems for entry and exit from stations will be in place.
- Social distancing must be maintained.