Dates for this event
- 5th September 2020,
- 17th September 2020,
- 3rd October 2020,
- 14th November 2020
MAKE YOUR DREAM A REALITY
Become a fully-fledged railway man or woman for the day and be the envy of your friends as you step behind the buttons and dials of a magnificent heritage diesel engine and power along the line!
£359.00 per person
Drive a Diesel Train experiences start at Bury Bolton Street Station at 8:30am and incorporate the following:
- Safety briefing with the crew
- Driving and second manning for 16 miles, guarding and travel for 16 miles
- Hot lunch for the participant with the option to include guests*
- Half-day guided tour behind the scenes of the East Lancashire Railway
- Photo opportunities
- Commemorative certificate and complimentary ELRPS membership for 2020**
All experiences will finish at Bury Bolton Street Station at approximately 5:00pm.
|Saturday 5 Sep
|Thursday 17 Sep
||Class 56 56006
|Saturday 3 Oct
|Saturday 14 Nov
||Class 50 50015
* Two guests allowed per participant. Extra charge of £10.00 per lunch and £5.00 per person for a guided tour.
** The cut off point for complimentary East Lancashire Railway memberships is October 2020. Memberships registered after this point will expire December 2021. Memberships are registered from the date of participation, not the date of booking.
***While every effort is made to use the published locomotive, the company reserves the right to substitute the engine without prior notice.
We advise that anyone wishing to purchase one of our Drive a Train Experiences read our Terms and Conditions here. The courses can be labour intensive so we suggest that you make sure prior to booking so that yourself or the intended recipient will be able to enjoy the experience to the full.