Perfect Gifts for any Occasion
Our gift vouchers make the ideal present for those who want the freedom to choose the perfect day at the East Lancashire Railway.
Whether it’s a day spent driving a steam or diesel locomotive, a Rail Ale Trail Guided Tour, a romantic dinner for two, photography experience or a family day out exploring the line, our flexible gift vouchers can be used for a wide range of different activities and events.
Travel Gift Vouchers
Travel Gift Vouchers can be used as full or part payment for any train travel and are valid for a minimum of twelve months from the date of purchase.
Activity Gift Vouchers
Activity Gift Vouchers can be used as full or part payment for any event or activity that can be booked in advance, including:
- Events (Day Out With Thomas, Halloween Ghost Trains, Santa Specials and Steam and Diesel Galas)
- Dining services such as Red Rose Diners, Lancastrian Lunches, Mid-week Luncheons, Cream Tea Specials or Murder Mystery Nights
- Rail Ale Tours including themed tours such as Beer Sampling sessions and more
Dining Gift Vouchers
Open Dining Gift Vouchers are available for our four-course Red Rose evening service, our three-course Lancastrian Lunch service, our fun filled Murder Mystery Night and Mid-Week Luncheon. Vouchers are valid for a minimum of twelve months from the date of purchase and can be redeemed against any Red Rose Diner, Lancastrian Lunch, Murder Mystery Night and Mid-Week Luncheon subject to availability.
Cream Tea Special Gift Vouchers
Open Gift Vouchers are available for our Cream Tea Special afternoon services. Vouchers are valid for a minimum of twelve months from the date of purchase and can be redeemed against any Cream Tea Special subject to availability.
Footplate Experience Gift Vouchers
If you know of someone who has always dreamed of driving a real train from station to station, our Footplate Experience Days provide the perfect present. Using ex-British Railway’s steam or diesel locomotives and restored carriages and wagons, our courses offer a range of options to provide an unforgettable experience no matter your budget or time constraints. You may purchase either a dated or open Footplate Experience Voucher. Open vouchers are valid for twelve months date of purchase.
Photography Course Vouchers
Get inspired with your gift giving with a voucher for a Photography Course. The perfect present for those who are creatively inclined, whether they're an eager beginner or experienced veteran. The full day courses are let by expert guides from North West Photography Courses and include tailored tuition on techniques, composition and how to get the best out of your camera. A sandwich lunch, an on-location photoshoot up-the-line and a behind the scenes tour of the locomotive works is also included.
How to Redeem a Voucher?
- A Travel Voucher can be redeemed on the date of travel at the Booking Office at Bury Bolton Street Station.
- An Activity, Rail Ale Trail or Dining Gift Voucher can be redeemed via the Information Office at Bury Bolton Street Station, either in person (along with the voucher) or over the phone. If you redeem your voucher over the phone, we will still need to ask you to forward us the voucher by post. Please note that the activity or dining vouchers are for advance bookings only and cannot be redeemed on the date of travel.
- A Footplate Experience Voucher can be redeemed by phoning the Footplate Experience Manager on 07814 302 813. Please note that the Footplate Experience Vouchers are for advance bookings only and cannot be redeemed on the date of travel.