Caption: Go lineside and get up close to some of our magnificent steam engines ...
Caption: ... and our immaculately preserved diesel locos!
Are you a seasoned shutterbug or are you just getting started as a snapper? In either case our Photography Experiences are perfect for you!
An East Lancashire Railway Photography Experience offers you opportunities to get unique photos of heritage trains amidst stunning rural scenery and industrial landscapes. Learn about the region’s heritage and socialise with your fellow photographers as you tour the line and even get a peek behind the scenes and explore areas not normally open to the public.
See what's in store...
Our experiences welcome photographers of all ability levels, from complete novices through to advanced veterans, all are sure to get something out of the day. The courses are led by expert tutors from our partners North West Photography Courses, on hand to provide as much or as little support as you need to enjoy a full day out!
- Morning debriefing on the Platform, including a safety briefing and some basic hands on tuition tailored to the needs and ambitions of each attendee.
- A light lunch provided during the day.
- A heritage steam or diesel train ride for location shots, where the focus will be photography of the trains, architecture, as well as flora and fauna of the surrounding area.
- Train ride back to Bury for a unique behind the scenes visit to the locomotive sheds where you will have the opportunity to get up close to the engines and see the ongoing work required to repair and maintain them.
Dates and Prices
Please note that due to the current situation with Covid 19 Photography Experiences for 2020 have had to be pulled. If you had tickets booked someone from our team will be in touch.
BOOKING INFORMATION & TERMS & CONDITIONS
• *Be physically fit and aged over 18 at the time of the experience. Our risk assessment process requires that a doctor’s letter be provided confirming that participants aged 75 or over are medically fit and capable to participate in the Photography Experience. This must be made available to the railway at least one week prior to the day of the activity.
• Be able to read (with glasses or contact lenses, if necessary) a car number plate from 20 metres.
• Must be able to hear and understand verbal instructions in noisy surroundings.
• *Disclose any medical conditions and treatment/medication that may affect mobility, concentration, dexterity, co-ordination, consciousness and ability to understand and follow instructions.
The Photography Experience Day may not be suitable for those with some disabilities, particularly where these affect mobility, concentration, dexterity, co-ordination and ability to understand and follow instructions. We advise you to contact us prior to booking one of our experiences if you believe this may affect the participant and to ensure the activities are suitable. We reserve the right to terminate, without refund, your Photography Experience day if it is deemed unsafe on the day for the participant to take part in the Photography Experience by the Experience Manager or by a member of our staff.
Guests - The Photography Experience voucher is valid for the participant only, guests are not permitted on the Photography Experience courses.
Children/Dogs - Children/dogs are not allowed on the Photography Experience course. Dogs are not allowed in areas where food or drinks are being served with the exception of guide/assistance dogs.
Clothing & Footwear - Participants must wear stout shoes or boots and suitable clothing. Parts of the Photography Experience Course are over rough ground and involve a fair amount of walking. Only participants wearing sensible walking shoes will be allowed to participate in these tours for their own safety (this means wearing flat walking shoes or boots not canvas pumps/sandals or fashion shoes). We reserve the right to refuse inclusion to anyone not wearing appropriate footwear.
Alcohol & Drugs - Participants must not come on the Photography Experience day under the effects of alcohol, or any drugs which may affect their vigilance, whether medically prescribed or not, or consume such while on the Photography Experience day. Meals are taken in our Platform 3 buffet and Photography Experience Participants are not permitted to consume any alcoholic refreshments until the day's experience has finished. We reserve the right to terminate, without refund, your Photography Experience day if we believe you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Safety Information - All Participants will receive Safety Information which they should familiarise themselves with, prior to the date of their Photography Experience. On the day of their Photography Experience, Participants will receive a short Safety Briefing relevant to the day’s activities.
Due to the high cost of running Photography Experience Days, we are unable to make any refunds or arrange alternative dates once a firm booking has been confirmed.
Vouchers with an allocated date are valid for that day only.
We will permit you to transfer the place to someone else yourself, under the same booking conditions, but you must advise us of the details immediately they are known.
Open vouchers are valid for a Photography Experience to be taken within one year from the date of purchase.
We will permit you to take your Photography Experience on a date after the expiry date on the voucher provided we receive an additional payment to cover any increase in costs applicable when the Photography Experience is taken.
We reserve the right to cancel a Photography Experience Day in the event of circumstances beyond our control, but we will issue customers with alternative date.