We're Good to Go
The East Lancs Railway has received the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry Covid-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Precautionary measures are in place to ensure you have a safe environment to visit. These are as follows:
- Pre-booking strongly advised. All visitors are strongly advised to pre-book tickets in advance of travel. ELR reserves the right to withdraw ‘pay-on-the-day’ tickets without notice. Special event tickets may need to be booked in advance (as indicated). Payments taken on the day will be by ‘contactless’ only. We are unable to guarantee acceptance of cash on the day.
- Face masks will be compulsory for all visitors, excluding those that are exempt.
- There will also be an enhanced track-and-trace system.
- Temperature checks upon arrival. All visitors and staff are required to have their temperature taken upon arrival at the station. Individuals that exhibit a high temperature will not be permitted to enter the attraction and includes anyone within their care bubble. (This also applies to those boarding at intermediate stations)
- Access: Our stations will be operating a one-way system (where applicable), and we kindly request that this is observed.
- Social distancing must be maintained in line with Government Guidance. Family groups are requested not to mingle with other people outside their care bubble. This is for everyone’s safety and protection.
- Enhanced hygiene. Hand Sanitiser Stations will be provided for everyone to use. Cleaning regimes are in place at stations, between every train journey and in station toilets. Cleaning of surfaces will be done with a surface sanitiser. Further details of the products used will be displayed at Bury Station.
- Train seating: Available by self-selection with seats blocked off to maintain ‘1-metre plus’ social distancing. Carriage stewards will be available to assist with boarding and seat allocation.
- Station buffet facilities (where open) will be available for takeaway service.
- Where a buffet trolley operates on-board, payment is available only by ‘contactless’.
- Toilets: Available at Bury, Heywood, Ramsbottom and Rawtenstall stations. Toilets will be available on Santa Special trains.
- Updates: For the current Government Guidance, please visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Wear a face covering/mask whilst moving around the railway and on the train, including at the Trackside and Bufferstops Pubs (excluding those whom are exempt as per government guidelines)
- Wash your hands often and use hand wash/sanitiser stations provided
- Avoid touching your face
- Observe social distancing measures
- Arrive with ample time prior to the train's departure time
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 - you and members of your party or family group, MUST NOT attempt to visit the East Lancs Railway.
Thank you for your support in following these measures and helping us to ensure the East Lancs Railway provides a safe environment for all who visit. We look forward to welcoming you to our Railway.
If you hold an East Lancashire Railway Activity voucher or any East Lancashire Railway Experience Voucher that is due to expire in 2020 , we would be more than happy to extend the validity of the voucher for a further 12 months. A new voucher will be issued that will be valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Activity Superstore Voucher
If you have been gifted a “Steam Train Ride for 2” voucher please refer back to Activity Superstore for any extensions or refunds.
For more information and to support East Lancs Railway, visit www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk, or follow the railway on Facebook and Twitter.
Mike Kelly, Chairman of East Lancs Railway
If you have any further questions about safety and the Coronavirus, please visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus