Looking for ways to keep the kids occupied throughout the holidays? Let the East Lancashire Railway be your guide to adventure in the Irwell Valley, From craft sessions and our own Buffers the Cat, to Summer of Love themed events and more, there's so much to discover. Take a look at our picks for the week ahead, trains run from Wednesday to Sunday:
Wednesday 12th August
- Summer Fun at the East Lancashire Railway - Meet Buffers on Bury Station from 10:30am - 11:15am and again from 12pm - 1pm. Explore the line and fill in the treasure trail as well as taking part in Craft Workshops at Bury Transport Museum. Every child receives a goody bag! For more info click here.
Thursday 13th August
- Eco Crafty Session at Nuttall Park - Make something eco-friendly this Summer with community Artist Dave Hollos, learn how to make a "cone" character! Activities need to be booked and children must be accompanied by an adult, price is £3 per child! For more info click here.
- Bury Art Bees Holiday Workshop - Join a themed craft session at Bury Art Museum for children accompanied by an adult. Activities are creative and great for 4 - 11 year olds, £3 per child per day. For more info click here.
Friday 14th August
- Summer of Love at the Whitaker - Suitable for children of all ages, these 60's themed workshops are artist led and will intriduce you to some of the great artists and art movements of the 1960s. Places cost £2 per session and pre-booking is essential. For more info click here.
- Top Secret at Fusiliers Museum, Bury - Stretch your mental muscles and solve a set of code breaking activities in a secret spy trail around the museum, prizes to be won! For more info click here.