The time is finally here! The East Lancashire Railway is thrilled to be able to announce that we are continuing limited services every Saturday and Sunday throughout September. We will be following Government guidelines to ensure the safety of visitors, volunteers and staff.
We wouldn’t have made it this far without the compassion and support of our community, and we couldn’t be more grateful. Now we ask that you help keep us on track by supporting our re-opening and picking up one of our travel tickets!
This is the first stage of a phased re-opening that will see the railway running on 1,2,8 and 9 August. We hope to keep operating past this date and we will be reviewing our approach going forwards. In the meantime you can purchase one of our advance tickets and join us as we get back to doing what we do best, steaming through the Irwell Valley!
Greater Manchester and East Lancashire have additional measures in place to control COVID 19. These do not affect visits to the visitor attractions such as the ELR. However the ELR have put in place additional measures as a precaution to allow us to re-open slowly and safely. These are as follows:
- All visitors must pre-book tickets in advance of travel.
- There will also be an enhanced track and trace system.
- All visitors and staff will be required to have their temperature taken upon arrival at the station. Individuals that exhibit a high temperature will not be permitted to enter the attraction.
- Family groups are requested not to mingle with other people outside your care bubble. This is for everyone’s safety and protection.
- Seating will be restricted to maximise social distancing. This will be allocated by the carriage steward.
- Face masks will be compulsory for all visitors.
- Additional cleaning measures and sanitisation facilities will be available.
- One way systems for entry and exit from stations will be in place.
- Social distancing must be maintained.
We DO NOT want to head into a full lockdown so PLEASE play your part in helping everyone stay as safe as possible.
Find timetable information, prices and book your tickets here.