Caption: Learn to work as a team
The aim of this visit is to use fieldwork to observe, measure and record the human and physical features in the local area.
This programme is suitable for Key Stage 4.
- Autumn term: Monday to Friday
- Spring term: Monday to Friday
- Summer term: Monday or Tuesday
Costs and booking information
||Cost per pupil
Pre-booking is essential. Payment can be made on the day, receipt will be provided. No deposits required, no charge for accompanying staff.
Activities and Organisation
Introductory session emphasises small group working skills and the need for uniformity in data collection. Practical activities include:
- Traffic Survey
- Pedestrian Survey
- Land Use Survey
- Environmental Survey
- Risk assessment
- Provision of all necessary materials
- Introduction to materials and skills
- Practical activities on safe sites
- Plenary session
- Indoor and covered facilities
- Question time
What to bring
Please ensure that when you visit us you bring with you the following items:
- Comfortable footwear
- Waterproof coat
- Warm jumper and fleece
- Gloves and hat
- Packed lunch and drink
Umbrellas are available if required.