Santa is a class act!
5, 7, 12, 14 December 2018
The countdown to Christmas has begun, and there’s no better way to give your students a send off before they head home for the holiday than with the East Lancashire Railway’s School Santa Specials. Created specifically for school groups, with tailor made pricing and structure, these events make for the perfect end of term treat!
So climb aboard for a truly unique experience, including:
- A steam train ride to Rawtenstall and back through the gorgeous Irwell Valley
- An unbeatable festive atmosphere provided by a beautifully decorated station and carriages
- A team of costumed characters to join you on your journey
- A visit from Santa and his crew of happy helpers as they pass through the train handing gifts out to the children
- A chance to enjoy a Christmas treasure hunt in Bury Transport Museum
Tickets and Information
|Child under 3 with seat
One adult travels free for every ten children.
The train departs from Bury Bolton Street Station at 10:45am and returns to Bury at 12:00pm. Once the train gets back to Bury it will remain in the platform for 45 minutes, allowing your group to sit and eat a packed lunch on board before returning to school.
To book your School Santa Special please contact our passenger services and group bookings team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The East Lancashire Railway welcomes people of all abilities and we strive to make sure we are easily accessible to everyone. Therefore, we encourage you to get in touch if you have any questions or requirements, and we will do our best to help you plan your visit. You can contact us on 0333 320 2830 and press option two twice, or you can email us at email@example.com.
All of our stations offer step-free access, and on most services we carry a ramp to allow step-free access to our trains. Disabled toilet facilities are available on most operating days at Bury, Ramsbottom, Rawtenstall and Heywood Stations as well as Bury Transport Museum. If you have any questions or further requirements, please get in touch.