A Spitfire fly past, ENSA entertainers, live music and dance and more.
Make your way to the East Lancashire Railway this summer as we celebrate an era of glamour, style and community spirit. The 1940s are coming back for the 15th time here at the ELR and we aim to mark the occasion!
From afternoon dances set to 40s swing, vintage and retro fairs and ENSA entertainers to period vehicle displays, battle re-enactments, a military parade and to top it all off a Spitfire and Hurricane Fighter Plane fly past.
Here are just a few of the weekend’s highlights along the line:
- Spitfire and Hurricane Fighter Plane fly past on Saturday over Bolton Street Station at approx 4.10pm (weather permitting)
- Be entertained by ENSA entertainers, including the popular Miss Katie Spitfire and father and daughter duo Paul and Natasha Harper
- Get into the swing of things at one of the several afternoon tea dances and evening dances
- Embrace a bygone culture with the 1940s Prom Concert
- Take in a glorious military parade led by the Greater Manchester Army Cadet Forces Pipe and Drum Band at 2.00pm on the Sunday in Ramsbottom
- Evening entertainment at The Grants Arms in Ramsbottom
- Period military and civilian vehicles on display
- Stage production of Mrs York’s Shelter by Planet Rabbit Productions
- Enjoy action packed battle re-enactments
For timetable information and a summary of event highlights simply download the flyer. You can also purchase a souvenir brochure on the day for the full event programme.
How to Book
Day Rovers are the best value tickets and allow all day travel as well as free entry into the Bury Transport Museum.
Adult (aged 16 and over): £18.00
Concession (aged 60 and over): £16.00
Family (2 adults and 3 children): £47.00
Find the full timetable for the event here.
Our full range of travel tickets will also be available, find more information here.
Or call 0161 764 7790, lines open daily 10am – 4pm.
It is possible to pay on the day but pre-booking is highly recommended.
Certain uniforms and insignia are banned during this event. If you are planning to attend please take care to read the terms and conditions!