Person in Charge (Volunteer)
ELRs P-Way Supervisor is looking for a PERSON IN CHARGE to support the team. Support will involve planning, scheduling, rostering and supervising. The role is specifically required on Saturday’s but mid-week support would also be helpful.
Ideally, the Person In Charge will have proven organisational and interpersonal skills with experience of working with volunteers and managing relationships. An Engineering/Mechanical background is advantageous but not essential as the main requirement for this role is project management. Safety critical information regarding projects will be provided to the Person In Charge by the P-Way Supervisor.
The post holder is required to have a valid UK driving license, a trailer license is preferable but training will be provided if necessary.
- Working with the P-Way Supervisor to plan and schedule work for the coming Saturday
- Rostering Saturday volunteers
- Being present on Saturdays to:
- Assign tasks/morning team briefing
- Ensure equipment available
- Ensure clear written instruction available
- Follow up with team on progress throughout the day
- Monitor team and ensure tasks are undertaken safely at all times
- Respond to team requests/requirements as necessary
- Ensure equipment is locked away at the end of the day
- Prepare written updates for handover to the P-Way Supervisor on Monday
These responsibilities may evolve if the successful candidate wishes to grow the role. The post holder can take on some tasks themselves should they wish to do so. ELR will fully support any training that the post holder and ELR may identify as necessary.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to StaffLiaisonOfficer@eastlancsrailway.co.uk
Buffet Department (Volunteer)
The East Lancashire Railway is looking for friendly, outgoing volunteers to assist in staffing our Buffets, both on the Platform and on the trains themselves. Duties will include serving the public in the buffets alone or as part of a team, keeping the buffets well stocked and tidy and generally assisting the buffet manager in the completion of their duties.
This position is voluntary and the railway is grateful for any time you can dedicate to the role. Training can be provided and no experience is necessary.
If you are interested in becoming part of the buffet team please contact us on email@example.com for more information.
This position is ongoing.