This event has no upcoming dates
EVERYONE'S FAVOURITE LITTLE BLUE ENGINE RETURNS IN 2020!
They’re two, they’re four, they’re six, they’re eight…
Calling all little engineers! Join Thomas, the number one blue engine, at the East Lancashire Railway for a train ride unlike any other in 2020.
Your one-time entry fee gets you access to all of the events and activities. There are lots of things to see and do:
- Rides behind Thomas - Thomas really moves! The Little Blue Engine will be steaming along his own private section of track and hauling passengers at regular intervals throughout the weekend. He sets off every 20 minutes or so, so don't worry about missing out! Trips on Thomas are included in your event ticket, take as many as you want!
- Meeting the Fat Controller and friends - The number one engine will be joined by The Fat Controller himself, as well as Daisy.
- Performances by Rusty and Dusty, Sodor’s cheeky station sweepers - These two cheeky members of station staff will be meeting, greeting, singing and dancing throughout the weekend, so head over to say hello!
- Unlimited Travel on steam and diesel trains - Explore the entire 12 mile line without paying a penny more, your event ticket lets you ride any of the trains, all day!
- Thomas themed activities including tabletop games, colouring and Thomas films - No need to pay to enter, your event ticket gets you full access! Pick up a temporary tattoo, create a masterpiece and more!
- Re-enactments of classic Thomas stories - See those mischievous trucks causing trouble up at Ramsbottom Station.
- Magic Shows - As if your day out wasn't magical enough already, enjoy a fantastic magic show, no additional payment necessary!
- Circus Workshops - Brush up on your circus skills as you learn the basics of juggling, plate spinning and more!
- Face Painting - It's not a proper day out until you get your face painted, all covered by your event ticket.
The Fat Controller’s opening ceremony will take place at 9:45am each day. Activities will finish at 4pm.
Dates, Times and Tickets:
The East Lancashire Railway will be running a special event timetable. More information will be made available nearer the event. Ticket prices for one day are:
|Child (2 - 17)
|Family, 2 Adults 2 Children
|Family, 1 Adult 2 Children
Important Information and Getting Here
The event begins at 9am and runs until 4pm.
There is no access to Bury Transport Museum without a purchasing a Day out with Thomas Ticket, either on the day or in advance of your visit.
We recommend beginning your journey at Bury Bolton Street Station. For information on how to get there, as well as a helpful guide to local transportation links and parking spaces, please visit our Getting Here page.