Drive a Steam Train Experiences
Become part of the crew! This full day experience will see childhood dreams realised as participants get behind the controls of the engine with time to drive, fire and guard a heritage steam train!
2019 Dates now Sold Out
£449.00 per person for 2020
Drive a Steam Train experiences start at Bury Bolton Street Station at 8:30am and incorporate the following:
- Safety briefing with the crew
- Driving and firing for 16 miles, guarding and travel for 16 miles
- Hot lunch for the participant with the option to include guests*
- Half-day guided tour behind the scenes of the East Lancashire Railway
- Photo opportunities
- Commemorative certificate and complimentary ELRPS membership for 2019**
All experiences will finish at Bury Bolton Street Station at approximately 5:00pm.
* Two guests allowed per participant. Extra charge of £10.00 per lunch and £5.00 per person for a guided tour.
** The cut off point for complimentary East Lancashire Railway memberships is October 2019. Memberships registered after this point will expire December 2020.Memberships are registered from the date of participation, not the date of booking.
We advise that anyone wishing to purchase one of our Drive a Train Experiences read our Terms and Conditions here. The courses can be labour intensive so we suggest that you make sure prior to booking so that yourself or the intended recipient will be able to enjoy the experience to the full.