2-4-1 Repeat Visit Promotion
- The 2 for 1 offer will commence from the 6th February and will allow visitors who purchase a 'Full Line Return/Freedom of the Line' ticket to receive 2-4-1 entry at a future visit.
- As well as the normal T&Cs, the voucher is issued when a full price adult full line return is purchased.
- 2-4-1 can be redeemed in the following ways. For example, one adult and one child would pay for one adult. Two adults and one child would pay for one adult and one child.
- Offer is valid from 06 February - 20 November 2016, excluding special events.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Cannot be redeemed for cash.
Rosso Bus Kids' Go Free Promotion
- Kids’ Go Free at the East Lancashire Railway with the following Rosso Bus tickets; Adult Day Rover, Day Group Rover, Rosso GM Saver Day Adult and Rosso Day 2 Person Rover as well as System One Rosso Daysaver bus peak and off peak, Daysaver bus & tram, Daysaver bus, tram & train and Daysaver Group bus. The “Kids’ Go Free” offer can be redeemed by presenting one of the above Rosso Bus tickets to East Lancashire Railway staff when purchasing your tickets and entitle one child to free travel if accompanied by one “Freedom of the Line” fare paying adult. The Rosso Bus ticket must be valid for the same day of travel on the East Lancashire Railway. Free travel is for children up to 15 years old. Not to be used in conjunction with other offers. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Prices are subject to change. Offer is valid from 18 May - 31 October 2015, excluding special events.
- Dining services are pre-bookable only and cannot be booked on the day of travel.
- Prices include return train travel. Drinks not included.
- A fee of £15 per person applies for cancellations processed within one month of train travel date, £20 per person if cancelling within five days of travel.
- Children may only travel on the lunch services. Child prices are for children under 12 years old.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are served on board. Drinks can be pre-ordered at the time of booking. Cash and debit/credit card payments are accepted.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that steam locomotives haul our dining services. However, should a steam locomotive be unavailable, the East Lancashire Railway reserves the right to substitute a diesel locomotive without prior notice.
- Diesel Diners will be hauled by a diesel engine.
Bury Bolton Street Station is fully accessible for visitors in wheelchairs and provides disabled toilet facilities. We regret that due to the age and design of our dining carriages it is not possible to travel in your wheelchair whilst dining. A ramp will be available during boarding to aid those with mobility problems; however cannot be used to transport wheelchairs or wheelchair users on board. Please contact us for further information on 0161 764 7790.
How to Book
Pre-booking is essential for all dining services and early booking is recommended. To make a booking simply choose your preferred date and select one of the following options:
- Book Online (booking fees apply)*
- Telephone: 0161 764 7790 (daily 10am - 4pm)
- Pop into our Information Office at Bury Bolton Street Station, Bolton Street, Bury, BL9 0EY (daily 10am - 4pm)
Payment can be made by credit or debit card or cash. Cash payments can be made at Bury Bolton Street Station only.
Postage is charged at £2.00 to cover ticket print, postage and packaging.
Ticket prices are stated exclusive of booking and postage fees but all extra charges are displayed in an open and transparent way before you confirm your booking. We use online booking to ensure that we can provide you with a 24-hours service that suits your needs. If you use our online booking channel we'll assume that you are happy with the extra charges.
Special Dietary Requirements
- Vegetarian options must be pre-ordered when booking as it is not possible to change meal choices on the day of service.
- We can cater for special dietary requirements (vegan, dairy free, diabetic, gluten free) except for our Cream Teas and Afternoon Teas which cannot be made gluten free.
Footplate Experience Days
- Due to the high cost of running Footplate Experience Days, we are unable to make any refunds or arrange alternative dates once a firm booking has been confirmed.
- Vouchers with an allocated date are valid for that day only.
- We will permit you to transfer the place to someone else yourself, under the same booking conditions, but you must advise us of the details immediately they are known.
- Open vouchers are valid for a Footplate Experience to be taken within one year from the date of purchase.
- We will permit you to take your Footplate Experience on a date after the expiry date on the voucher provided we receive an additional payment to cover any increase in costs applicable when the Footplate Experience is taken.
- We reserve the right to cancel a Footplate Experience Day in the event of circumstances beyond our control, but we will issue customers with alternative dates.
- Child fares apply from ages 5 to 15. Accompanied children aged under 5 travel free of charge (except for Day Out with Thomas events).
- Concessionary fares apply to all holders of UK Concessionary passes, as well as customers aged 60+ with proof of age, disabled Concessionary pass holders with up to two carers and ELRPS members.
- Dogs are allowed to travel on the railway at no extra charge, however must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Details of other fares available on request.
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card (for purchases over £8) or cash. Payment by cheque is not accepted.
- While every effort is made to adhere to the published timetables, the company reserves the right to make changes without prior notice. E&OE.
- The company reserves the right to cancel or suspend any train without notice. All locomotives are subject to availability.
Conditions of Carriage
- In these conditions “the company” means the East Lancashire Light Railway Company and includes its agent and staff.
- Tickets remain the property of the company at all times. A ticket may only be used by the person who bought that ticket, or the person on whose behalf that ticket was bought. No purchaser of a ticket may resell or transfer that ticket for value to anyone else unless this has been specifically allowed by the terms and conditions which apply to that ticket.
- Tickets are valid only for travel on the date shown thereon, or the date shown thereon and the specified number of subsequent dates in the case of multi day tickets.
- Any passenger making a journey to a station beyond that to which he holds a valid ticket must pay the balance of the fare to the travelling ticket inspector or to that station on completion of the journey.
- Any ticket which has been so torn or mutilated that any mutilated that any material information is defaced will not be valid and the holder of such a ticket must pay again the fare for the journey completed.
- All tickets must be produced on demand and, if required, be surrendered at the completion of the journey. Any passenger failing to produce a ticket will be liable to pay again for the fare for the journey completed.
- Passengers must examine their tickets and change on booking. The company will not be responsible for any mistakes unless attention is drawn to them immediately. The company is under no obligation to give change.
- The company does not undertake to make any return or refund in respect of lost, mislaid or unused (wholly or partly) tickets or fares paid as a result of a passenger’s failure to produce or surrender a ticket.
- The company will not be liable for any loss, damage or delay arising from:
- The failure of any passenger to ensure that he is boarding the correct train;
- The failure of any passenger to alight at the correct station;
- The fact that there is not sufficient accommodation on any train;
- The failure of the company for any cause to reserve accommodation which it may have been requested to reserve.
- The carriage in any vehicle of more passengers than the number for which it was constructed;
- The early or late departure of any service or any deviation from the timetable or cancellation of any service;
- The failure to make connections whether advised or not with any other transport undertaking.
- In the event of condition 9c applying any fare paid will be refunded provided the application is made before the departure of the train.
- The arrangements shown in the company’s timetables may be altered at any time and may be suspended for any reason. The issue of tickets of a particular type may be suspended without notice if the company deems it expedient.
- The company shall be under no obligation to convey passengers by rail, nor by any particular form of motive power. In the event of road services being substituted these conditions shall apply.
- In the event of any special class of accommodation for which a supplementary fare is payable being provided by the company on any service, such fare must be paid by any passenger making the whole or any part of the journey in such accommodation, and tickets for such supplement are subject to these conditions as if they were ordinary tickets.
- The company shall not be liable in any case of loss of, delay to or detention of any articles left in or on the company’s vehicles, trains or premises whether with permission of any servant or agent of the company or not.
- Any articles found in or on the company’s vehicles, trains or premises by any person shall be deemed to be in the possession of the company and must be immediately handed in to the custody of a servant or agent of the company.
- The company shall not be liable to the owner of any article lost, mislaid or left in or on its vehicles, trains or premises for any loss, damage, deviation, misdelivery, delay or detention to said article, however caused. All such articles, if not claimed by their true owners within three months, may be disposed of, and if sold the proceeds may be retained by the company. In the event of any such articles being of a perishable nature the company shall have the power of disposal or sale as soon as they come into its possession, and any net proceeds may be claimed by the true owner if such claim is made within three months.
- The company reserves the right to refuse admission to station platforms to any person not intending to travel by train.
- In cases where the Company issues platform tickets conditions 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 14 and 15 hereof shall apply, and in addition the company shall not be liable for personal injury, whether fatal or otherwise, loss damage, delay or detention suffered by the holder, however caused. Any tickets issued for entry to the company’s depots or yards shall be deemed to be platform tickets for the purpose of these conditions.
- Residents’ tickets, members’ tickets, working members’ passes, complimentary tickets and any other class of tickets, passes or permits which the company issues are subject to these conditions and to the further condition that any pass or identification document necessary for such concession shall be produced in advance at the time of booking and on all occasions when the ticket is produced for inspection or surrender. Failure so to produce it renders the holder liable to pay the full ordinary fare.
- The company reserves the right to refuse to carry any luggage or merchandise etc, whether by any service or by any specified train.
- Subject to condition 20, when accommodation is available the company will convey accompanied bicycles, tricycles, tandems, prams, non-folding push chairs and articles of a similar nature in the luggage compartment (on payment of any appropriate fare). Accompanied dogs are conveyed (on payment of any appropriate fare) provided that other passengers are not inconvenienced, they are kept off seats and that they do not travel in buffet, restaurant or diner coaches. Blind or deaf persons’ assistance dogs may travel in any passenger compartment free of charge.
- Hand luggage not exceeding 20kg per person may be carried in passenger compartments unless it is unduly bulky, dirty or of an offensive nature.
- The company reserves the right to refuse entry to stations, yards or any part of its premises and to carry any person on its trains, whether or not that person holds a valid travel ticket, without giving a reason.
- Tickets purchased in advance of the date of travel are strictly non-refundable. Unless specifically stated on the ticket itself or in Terms and Conditions relating to that particular ticket type.
- Where tickets are purchased via an agent of the company (for example, internet sales) any modifications to the ticket - if permitted to be made - may only be made via the agent who sold the ticket.
Conditions of Sale
- The Management reserves the right to make alterations to the advertised timetable and programme; to refuse admission; to provide alternative seats to those purchased of the same or greater value.
- Tickets are purchased for personal use only and are not purchased as any form of business or commercial activity. All tickets are non-refundable. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone at a premium or otherwise. Resale or attempted resale is grounds for cancellation without refund or notice.
- When processing your booking the Booking Office will ask your name, address, email address and telephone number. This information may be used to keep you informed of forthcoming events at the East Lancashire Railway with your agreement.
- All information correct at time of going to press.
- The East Lancashire Light Railway Company expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned by the user's reliance on any statements, information, or advice contained in this web site.