Repeat Visit Promotion
- The Repeat Visit Promotion will commence from the 10 February 2018 and will provide visitors who purchase a 'Freedom of the Line' ticket with a 2-4-1 voucher to be used on a future visit, enabling them to return and receive a discount on the cheapest ticket purchased.
- As well as the normal T&Cs, the voucher is issued when a full price adult 'Freedom of the Line' ticket is purchased.
- 2-4-1 can be redeemed in the following ways. For example, one adult and one child would pay for one adult. Two adults and one child would pay for one adult and one child.
- Offer is valid from 10 February - 18 November 2018, excluding special events.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Cannot be redeemed for cash.
Scotsman Seaside Special (The Wells Flyer) - 15 September 2018
- All seats are fully reserved and must be booked and paid for in advance, you must board and alight from the station you stipulated at the time of booking.
- Your booking will be deemed as confirmed once payment has been received and an email confirmation has been sent, where an email address is not provided confirmation will be sent by post.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. If payment is being made by credit or debit card, full payment will be taken using Quaytickets card payment system. Transactions will be processed in pounds sterling and will appear on your statement as ' THE LOWRY CENTRE'. If paying by cheque, please make it payable to 'The East Lancashire Railway'.
- Tickets and confirmed travel information will normally be posted out at least 5 days before the departure date. Please check the departure and arrival times shown in the confirmed travel information on receipt, as these may vary from the projected times due to Network Rail train pathing issues.
- Travel and cancellation insurance is highly recommended for full protection and peace of mind.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that the advertised routing, coaching stock, timings and other particulars will be as published. The locomotive(s) allocated may vary and no guarantee can be given as to the availability of any individual locomotive. Please note that the Company reserves the right to alter these at any time due to circumstances outside the Company's control and as a consequence shall not incur any liability for any such alterations to any person who has bought, or contracted to buy, a Ticket as a result of any such changes.
- The Company shall have no liability for information provided by agents and third parties claiming to act on its behalf unless such information has been confirmed in writing by the Company.
- The Company shall incur no liability for delays, curtailment, alterations, mishaps or other events that may arise on the day of operation as a result of circumstances outside the Company's control. In the event of curtailment of the rail operation, the Company will take every reasonable step to return customers to their joining stations, possibly using alternative means of transport.
- If the excursion is cancelled by the Company, a full refund will be made, but no other liability shall be incurred.
- Tickets are issued subject to the conditions herein and your application for tickets constitutes acceptance of these.
- Any issues arising during the excursion should be raised straight away with your carriage steward. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction a complaint form must be requested from your carriage steward and completed and sent to the East Lancashire Railway Booking Office within two weeks of the excursion date.
- To comply with our Train Operating Company contract, passengers must not lean out of carriage windows whilst the train is moving.
- We are unable to facilitate the carriage of animals except assistance dogs which you must be advised when booking.
- We regret that due to the design of the rolling stock it is not possible to carry wheelchair users. Anybody with limited mobility will be required to board and alight from the train, unassisted by staff. If you are booking to Llandudno, please note you will also be required to board a coach for the final leg of the journey.
- Any Persons who the company has reasonable grounds to suspect are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will not be boarded or will be asked to the leave the train at the next station stop and the British Transport Police, (BTP), will be asked to attend.
- The Company has a Zero Tolerance policy towards any members of the public who displays offensive, abusive and threating behaviour towards a member of staff or fellow passenger. Any individual behaving in such a manner will not be boarded or will be asked to leave at the next station stop. Their details will also be passed on onto the BTP.
- Tickets remain the property of the Company and may not be resold of offered for resale by anyone at a premium or otherwise. Resale is grounds for cancelation without refund or notice.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Children under 14 may not travel unaccompanied.
Customer Cancellation or Alteration to a Booking
- If you wish to alter or amend your booking you must do so no later than 6 weeks before the date of travel.
- Any cancellations must be made in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by letter to Customer Service Bolton Street Station, Bolton Street, Bury BL9 0EY to avoid any misunderstanding.
- Refund requests will be paid in accordance with the following scale, expressed as a percentage of the total value of the booking: refunds received on or before 18th August 2018 - 90%, refunds received on or between 19th August 2018 and 1st September - 75%, refunds received on or between 2nd September and 8th September - 50%. We are sorry we unable to offer any refunds received after 8th September 2018. All refunds will be returned by the original method of payment.
These Terms & Conditions only apply if you have purchased an ItIsOn voucher.
- Vouchers are valid until Sun 16 Sept 2018, Wed - Sun, please click here for dates and train times. Subject to availability. Excludes Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Not valid on the following dates: 6th, 7th and 8th July, 4th and 5th August, 18th and 19th August, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th August and 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th SeptemberPlease call 0333 320 2830 for more information.
- Advance booking is not required. Please print your voucher and hand it in on arrival at Bury Bolton Street Station in exchange for your travel tickets.
- All-day ticket enables unlimited travel all day.
- Family ticket is valid for 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- Travel must begin from Bury Bolton Street Station.
- Wheelchair access available, please contact the East Lancashire Railway in advance for advice and to plan your visit.
- Dogs are allowed to travel on the trains at no extra charge, but must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Vouchers must be printed for redemption; please print your voucher and bring along with you to avoid disappointment.
- Voucher is not exchangeable for cash or valid with any other offers.
- Dining services are pre-bookable only and cannot be booked on the day of travel.
- Prices include return train travel. Drinks not included.
- A fee of £15 per person applies for cancellations processed within one month of train travel date, £20 per person if cancelling within five days of travel.
- Children may only travel on the lunch services. Child prices are for children under 12 years old.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are served on board. Drinks can be pre-ordered at the time of booking. Cash and debit/credit card payments are accepted.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that steam locomotives haul our dining services. However, should a steam locomotive be unavailable, the East Lancashire Railway reserves the right to substitute a diesel locomotive without prior notice.
- Diesel Diners will be hauled by a diesel engine.
Bury Bolton Street Station is fully accessible for visitors in wheelchairs and provides disabled toilet facilities. We regret that due to the age and design of our dining carriages it is not possible to travel in your wheelchair whilst dining. A ramp will be available during boarding to aid those with mobility problems; however cannot be used to transport wheelchairs or wheelchair users on board. Please contact us for further information on 0161 764 7790.
How to Book
Pre-booking is essential for all dining services and early booking is recommended. To make a booking simply choose your preferred date and select one of the following options:
- Book Online (postage fee applies)*
- Telephone: 0333 320 2831 (daily 9am - 9pm)
- Pop into our Information Office at Bury Bolton Street Station, Bolton Street, Bury, BL9 0EY (daily 10am - 4pm)
Payment can be made by credit or debit card or cash. Cash payments can be made at Bury Bolton Street Station only. If paying by card, please note that the payment will show as "THE LOWRY CENTRE" on your bank statement.
Postage is charged at £2.00 to cover ticket print, postage and packaging.
Ticket prices are stated exclusive of postage fees but all extra charges are displayed in an open and transparent way before you confirm your booking. We use online booking to ensure that we can provide you with a 24-hours service that suits your needs. If you use our online booking channel we'll assume that you are happy with the extra charges.
Special Dietary Requirements
- Vegetarian options must be pre-ordered when booking as it is not possible to change meal choices on the day of service.
- We can cater for special dietary requirements (vegan, dairy free, diabetic, gluten free) except for our Cream Teas and Afternoon Teas which cannot be made gluten free.
Footplate Experience Days
- Due to the high cost of running Footplate Experience Days, we are unable to make any refunds or arrange alternative dates once a firm booking has been confirmed.
- Vouchers with an allocated date are valid for that day only.
- We will permit you to transfer the place to someone else yourself, under the same booking conditions, but you must advise us of the details immediately they are known.
- Open vouchers are valid for a Footplate Experience to be taken within one year from the date of purchase.
- We will permit you to take your Footplate Experience on a date after the expiry date on the voucher provided we receive an additional payment to cover any increase in costs applicable when the Footplate Experience is taken.
- We reserve the right to cancel a Footplate Experience Day in the event of circumstances beyond our control, but we will issue customers with alternative dates.
- Child fares apply from ages 5 to 17. Accompanied children aged under 5 travel free of charge (except for Day Out with Thomas events).
Concessionary fares apply to all holders of UK concessionary passes, disabled concessionary pass holders with up to two carers and ELRPS members.
- Dogs are allowed to travel on the railway at no extra charge, however must be kept on a lead at all times. Please note that dogs are not allowed into Bury Transport Museum, except official guide and assistance dogs.
- Details of other fares available on request.
- Payment can be made by credit or debit card (for purchases over £8) or cash. Payment by cheque is not accepted.
- While every effort is made to adhere to the published timetables, the company reserves the right to make changes without prior notice. E&OE.
- The company reserves the right to cancel or suspend any train without notice. All locomotives are subject to availability.
Conditions of Carriage
- DEFINITIONS In these conditions the "company” means the East Lancashire Light Railway Company Limited and includes its agents and staff.
- TICKETS Tickets are the property of the company and must be surrendered on request. Tickets are not transferable. Tickets are valid only for travel on the date(s) shown thereon. The issue of tickets of any particular type may be suspended without notice at the discretion of the company.
- Any passenger making a journey to a station beyond that to which he holds a valid ticket must pay the balance of the fare to the travelling ticket inspector or to that station on completion of the journey.
- Passengers must examine their tickets and change straight away. The company will not be responsible for any mistakes unless attention is drawn to them immediately. The company is under no obligation to give change or to accept any particular method of payment.
- In the event of any special class of accommodation for which a supplementary fare is payable being provided by the company on any service, such fare must be paid by any passenger making any part of the journey in such accommodation, and tickets for such supplement are subject to these conditions as if they where ordinary tickets.
- In cases where the company issues platform tickets or other tickets for admission to any of its premises, these conditions shall apply.
- GROUP TRAVEL TICKETS Group travel tickets (whether discounted or not) are only valid when the group travels together with the ticket holder. If group members travel separately, individual tickets must be purchased at the appropriate undiscounted fare.
- DAMAGED OR MUTILATED TICKETS Any ticket which has been so torn or mutilated that any material information is defaced will not be valid and the holder of such a ticket must pay again the fare for the journey completed.
- INSPECTION OF TICKETS All tickets must be produced and handed over for inspection if requested by any staff member or agent of the company.
- The company reserves the right to refuse admission to any area of a train, station and/or other premises to any person not in possession of a valid ticket, and/or to request the person to leave the company's train, station and/or other premises.
- Residents’ tickets, ELRPS members’ tickets, HRA passes, ATOC passes, working members’ passes and other tickets are subject to the additional requirement that any pass, permit or identification necessary for such concession shall be produced at the time of booking and on all occasions when the ticket is produced or handed over for inspection. Failure to produce the required pass, permit or identification renders the holder liable to pay the full ordinary fare, failing which they will be treated as a person not in possession of a valid ticket.
- The company's staff members or agents may, at their discretion, withdraw any ticket, pass or permit if misuse is suspected.
- LOST, STOLEN OR MISLAID TICKETS Any passenger failing to produce and/or hand over a ticket on request will be liable to pay again the fare for the journey completed. The company will not replace or refund any lost, mislaid or unused tickets, or refund any fares paid as a result of a passenger’s failure to produce or hand over a ticket on request.
- REFUNDS Tickets are not refundable unless stated either in these Conditions of Carriage or in the specific conditions for the particular ticket type.
- If a train is cancelled or delayed by more than fifteen minutes, or if insufficient passenger accommodation is available on a train, passengers holding single or return travel tickets may request a refund on the unused portion of their ticket if they choose not to travel. The refund must be requested directly from the outlet that sold the ticket (eg booking office, travelling ticket inspector, web site) and the ticket(s) must be surrendered.
- Platform tickets and other admission tickets are not refundable, other than in exceptional circumstances at the company's sole discretion.
- Special Event tickets and Rover tickets are not refundable unless the entire event is cancelled, or may be refunded in whole or in part at the company's sole discretion.
- DELAYS, DISRUPTION AND CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS The company’s published timetables may be altered or suspended at any time and for any reason. The company shall be under no obligation to convey passengers by train, nor by any particular type of train.
- The company will not be liable for any loss (including consequential loss) arising from: (a) the failure of any passenger to board the correct train or alight at the correct station; (b) the fact that there is not sufficient accommodation (whether seated or standing) on any train; (c) the failure of the company to reserve accommodation when requested; (d) the early or late departure of any train or any cancellation(s) or alteration to any timetable(s); (e) the failure to make any connections, whether advertised or not; (f) the failure to provide any particular facility, event or attraction, whether advertised or not; (g) the withdrawal of any ticket, pass or permit; (h) refusing access to, or requiring a person to leave, the company's trains, stations and/or other premises.
- If disruption caused by circumstances within the company's control leaves a passenger stranded before he/she has reached the destination printed on his/her ticket, the company will, if it reasonably can, arrange to get the passenger to his/her destination. Circumstances that are not within the company’s control include: (a) acts or threats of vandalism or terrorism; (b) suicides or accidents involving trespassers; (c) gas leaks or fires not caused by the company; (d) line or station closures at the request of the police, other emergency services or statutory authorities; (e) exceptionally severe weather conditions; and (f) riots or civil commotion.
- LOST PROPERTY The company will take reasonable care of any luggage, articles, animals or cycles which are taken into its safekeeping after being left in its trains or on its premises and will make a reasonable effort to contact the owner. The company may restrict or refuse access to retrieve any property left in its trains or on its premises if it is reasonable to do so.
- Any articles found in or on the company’s trains, stations or other premises will not be treated as belonging to the person who finds it and must be immediately handed over to a staff member or agent of the company. If property is left in or on the company's trains, stations or other premises, the company's staff or agents have the right to open it and examine the contents before removing it to a secure place. The company may, without being liable, remove or dispose of any property that might in its opinion cause any damage, injury or inconvenience.
- Any property taken into the company’s safekeeping which has not been retrieved within three months may be disposed of, and if sold the proceeds from the sale will be retained by the company. Items which are perishable may be disposed of earlier.
- ACCOMPANIED LUGGAGE, ARTICLES AND ANIMALS When accommodation is available the company will at its sole discretion convey accompanied bicycles, tricycles, tandems, prams, push chairs, and articles of a similar nature only in designated luggage areas of trains (and on payment of any appropriate fare). Such items must not obstruct any door, aisle or access to any train equipment.
- Hand luggage not exceeding 15kg per person may be carried in passenger compartments unless it is unduly bulky, dirty or of an offensive nature. Passengers must take care of any such items and may be liable for any injury, damage or loss if they do not take reasonable care.
- The company will only be liable for any loss or damage to luggage, articles, animals or cycles in its trains or on its premises if the loss or damage was caused by the fault of the company. The company’s liability in respect of any item will not exceed £1500 or the item’s value, whichever is lower.
- Dogs are conveyed (on payment of any appropriate fare) provided that they are kept under control and that other passengers or staff are not inconvenienced. All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and are not allowed on seats. No other animals may be conveyed without the express permission of the company.
- Guide dogs and/or hearing dogs accompanying passengers with disabilities are conveyed free of charge and are normally permitted access to all public areas of trains, stations and other premises.
- Please note that dogs are not allowed into Bury Transport Museum except official guide and assistance dogs.
- UNACCEPTABLE CONDUCT Any person who the company has reasonable grounds to believe is intoxicated and/or likely to act in a riotous, disorderly, disruptive, unsafe or offensive manner may be refused access to, and/or may be required to leave, the company's trains, stations and/or other premises.
- Children under fourteen years of age are only permitted to enter the company's trains, stations or other premises when accompanied by a responsible adult.
Conditions of Sale
- The Management reserves the right to make alterations to the advertised timetable and programme; to refuse admission; to provide alternative seats to those purchased of the same or greater value.
- Tickets are purchased for personal use only and are not purchased as any form of business or commercial activity. All tickets are non-refundable. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone at a premium or otherwise. Resale or attempted resale is grounds for cancellation without refund or notice.
- When processing your booking the Booking Office will ask your name, address, email address and telephone number. This information may be used to keep you informed of forthcoming events at the East Lancashire Railway with your agreement.
- All information correct at time of going to press.
- The East Lancashire Light Railway Company expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned by the user's reliance on any statements, information, or advice contained in this web site.