Check out the latest headlines from the East Lancashire Railway Boardroom, 24 June 2022
Here are the headlines:
- Bury Transport Museum refresh successfully launched, 1 June.
- Platinum Jubilee Weekend, 3 – 5 June.
- Very successful L&Y Centenary event, 18 – 19 June.
- Outstanding Summer Diesel Gala event, 30 June – 2 July.
- Celebration of 70 years since the reopening of Bury Bolton Street on 30 June 1952, following the destruction of the booking hall and station frontage by fire. The frontage and foyer are the only authentic 1950’s heritage structures in England. The first seventy visitors received a free cupcake.
- D1501 departs the ELR.
June 2022 was the first month we saw visitors returning to the ELR in record numbers since 2019.