Check out the latest headlines from the East Lancashire Railway Boardroom – 26 January, 2024.
Here are the headlines:
- LLR Co now members of National Council of Volunteer Organisations.
- ELR have met Network Rail – Northwest Route Director to work towards establishing a mutually beneficial partnership.
- Strongstry track relay completed on time and ready for the Burn’s night diners. Well done to the P-Way team.
- Santa Specials generally ran well, with 34,000 visitors and no major operational issues. Massive thanks to our volunteers, staff and Bury College students in supporting this event.
- A very challenging 2023 with continuing cost of living with very high prices for energy, materials, maintenance and restoration costs.
- Business Strategy Group to produce a medium term business plan covering the period 2025-2028 to align with the previously published Capital and Maintenance plan, including a review of all business costs.
- External Fundraising Priorities are being prepared including ideas for the restoration of the Crab 13065.
- Updated Safety Policy agreed.
- Good management of the two pubs has seen a significant turnaround in visitors and revenues. Our thanks to the hard work of our staff and their determination and creativity in attracting new customers.