Bronze Diesel Experiences
Full day experience with half a day spent driving, second manning and guarding between Heywood and Ramsbottom with the other half spent on a guided tour.
Ticket cost £320.00 per participant.
- Safety briefing with the crew before your journey begins
- Basic instruction on the operation of a diesel locomotive
- Driving and second manning for 16 miles of railway
- Guarding and travel for 16 miles
- Guided tour visiting the Metrolink Bridge, Locomotive and Carriage works, Engine Shed, Engine Yards and Bury South Signal Box
- Photo opportunities
- Presentation of commemorative certificate
- Free ELRPS membership for the rest of the year*
- Hot lunch for the participant
- Travel for 2 guests per participant – extra charge of £9.00pp for lunch and £4.50pp for guided tour
*Cut off point is October 2018, memberships registered after this point expire Dec 2019, see terms and conditions for full information.
We advise that anyone wishing to purchase one of our Drive a Train Experiences read our Terms and Conditions here. The courses can be labour intensive so we suggest that you make sure prior to booking that yourself or the intended recipient will be able to enjoy the experience to the full.