Check out the latest headlines from the East Lancashire Railway boardroom – 27 January 2023.
Here are the headlines:
- The ELR Board received a summary of performance for 2022.
- The railway continues to successfully rebuild following lockdown.
- Passenger numbers increased significantly compared to 2021.
- Unprecedented supplier charges pose a challenge.
- ELR funds programme to reinvest into the railway’s infrastructure.
- The ELR picked up a number of awards for their work in 2022.
- Work began in January 2023 on important track relay work.
- Pubs trial the placement of static carriages to allow extra seating and a warm shelter from winter weather.
- More efficient lighting installed in Museum to reduce costs.